Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Weight is Lifted...


Today was the first day in the last 4 days that I've felt at all relaxed. After an emotional Skype chat with my dad this morning I decided to drop the econ class from hell and pick up a psychology class (hopefully!). I spent the last three days attempting to do homework that I didn't understand, getting a rude email response from the professor when I asked questions, and just stressing in general. I feel so much better now that I dropped the class; I can relax a little bit and focus on my other classes. As for the rest of my weekend, I spent Saturday studying all day and writing a thought provoking paper for philosophy. That night I went to New Vintage for church and met up with Erica while I was there. It was nice to see a familiar face and it was exciting to see how close she and Micah are to having their first baby! It was also really good to be at church in general... I will admit that it made me homesick for The Well, but I felt like just being able to worship and put my worries in God's hands made me feel better than I had all week. As a conclusion to my night of worship and feeling God really pull me close during my time of stress, I watched two people from the dorm across from me get taken out on stretchers. Apparently they were on LSD... talk about a way to start the school year! But today, however was a lot less eventful. I got to relax, talk to friends on Skype, and talk to Devinn for 2 hours (he's been in Oklahoma all summer for army training). After dinner in the caf, Kaitlin, Chloe, and I went to target so I could put together a care package for Devinn and buy a few other things I needed. That takes me up to where I am now... Just finishing up some homework for tomorrow, getting ready to take a nice warm shower, and hopefully getting some reading in before I fall asleep (I REALLY miss being able to read for fun... I can't seem to stay awake long enough to make it through more than 5 pages at a time lately). I have an early class tomorrow, but I know that I will be able to sleep a little better tonight knowing that I won't have econ homework tomorrow! (:

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." -Hebrews 11:1 .... Feel like that verse has really kept me going lately. You have got to have faith to make it through the difficult times.
PS... That picture at the top is from the other night. It is my friend Liz and I in our incredibly cool snuggies. Yes, snuggies like the infomercial.. be jealous!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you can relax. Econ will always be there! You are fabulous! I've always said so.

    ReplyDelete