Friday, August 28, 2009

It's Just One of Those Days...

Second day of classes and I already had a mini meltdown over my econ class. Before I write about that I'll kinda map out how my morning went. I woke up at 6 for my 7:20 am class and almost rolled off the bed.. my hair was a HUGE mess, already a bad way to start the day right? Things were just downhill from there. I went out to the kitchen with all my stuff and went back to my room to really quick to grab a water bottle, while in there I threw my keys on my bed then walked out and shut my door.. BIG mistake. My door locked, which means I was locked out since I need my ID card to get in. I called police services and they said I had to go to the housing office (across campus) to get a temporary card; which I wouldn't be able to do until after my classes were over. So I just decided to forget about it and walk to class... let me tell you, it is FREEZING here in the morning so that puts me in an even worse mood. I get to my class and realize that there is 215 people in it and only 6 of them are freshmen. My teacher then proceeds to tell us that his tests are impossible to pass and he fails probably more students than any other teacher on campus. On top of all this, econ (that's the class I was in) is my worst subject! So now I'm just upset, tired, and mad.. not a good combination early in the morning. So I run to the store to grab a starbucks double shot and go to my next class. It was a university class for freshmen and it was seriously a nice break, plus we got out over an hour early. So I met my friends for lunch and got my whole room key thing figured out. Then I had a little emotional breakdown in my room about how difficult econ is going to be and how I wished I was at home (don't worry mom, I'm better now). When all my tears were gone, I studied for 2 hours and did some homework... and this is where the day gets better! I skyped my best friends then went to Walmart with Kim and bought a blue beach cruiser! SO cute! Then we met Erica and her husband Micah at New Vintage for a church BBQ.. It was nice to eat some normal food! I also got to get involved with the church kid's ministry; I am so excited for that. I spent so much time praying today for God to give me strength to endure all this school stuff and that He would use me in some way, and I felt like tonight He was calling me to work with the 5th and 6th graders. It's a challenging age, but I think it will be rewarding. So all in all it was just one of those days.. but I'm praying for a better day tomorrow!

"And I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain, but if that's what it takes to praise You.. Jesus, bring the rain" ...definitely describes my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment