Monday, August 24, 2009

Ameci's and Adventures

This marks day three of my college adventures... and I must say, so far so good! I admit that the first night was definitely the toughest. It's not like home where I know everyone and I always have someone to hang out with; I had to start over completely here and make all new friends. But I think because everyone is in the same situation, it makes the whole meeting people thing way easier. My suitemate Chloe, new friends Kim and Kaitlin, and I went to Target today for a mini shopping trip then made our way to Santa Rosa so I could drop off an application at a bridal shop. (: After that we headed over to an event at the school, ordered an amazing pizza from Ameci's (the on campus pizza place conveniently located right around the corner from my dorm!), and headed out to play capture the flag with intervarsity. Intervarsity is the Christian group on campus... I already love it! The people are all so friendly and open to meeting new people, plus they all don't party. I spent months praying that God would lead me to find Christian friends here at SSU and He provided! This all just makes me that much more excited about being here; a new place, new friends, and one amazing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment