Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Beach Balls and College Classes


Today was my first official day as a college student, and it was actually a pretty easy day... not that I'm expecting it to be like that for the whole semester. I started off the morning with philosophy 101; my teacher has a weird accent (from Holland), the class is surprisingly evenly filled with guys and girls, and I think it's going to actually be an interesting class. He started our day by asking a question that seriously made us evaluate our morals, I really liked it. After going home for a quick bowl of cereal, I made my way to math. My teacher was late and also locked himself out of the classroom... but altogether he was really nice and straightforward. I think I'll like that class just because math can only be explained a few ways and you're either right or you're wrong. After class I went home to meet Chloe so we could go to lunch, stop by the post office, and fit in a quick workout. I was surprised when I got to the post office to see that my mom had sent me a cute little scoobydoo ball that was signed by all my friends! I loved it! After working out with Chloe, I took a 2 hour nap to regain some energy before my 2 hour ballet class... which I loved! It was so nice to be back in dance again; it's a familiar feeling and it really helps me relax. The only thing is that I get out of that class at 6:50, so none of my suitemates are home and I can't make it over to the caf in time for dinner... I ended up eating a salad I made (prechopped lettuce and apples) in my room while having a nice little phone convo with my momma. After Chloe got home we walked to the other side of campus to meet Liz, then walked to a little room where Intervarsity was playing bingo and eating rootbeer floats. We were a little late for rootbeer floats, but we got to meet our Bible study leaders and hang out with some amazing people. I'm happy that I've found some Christian friends who are like me here.. that was probably my biggest fear was that I wouldn't be able to find anyone who believed the same things as me. But God definitely gave me the discernment to be able to tell who will influence my life in a good way.. and who will try to suck me into the whole party scene. Thank God for answered prayers (:


No comments:

Post a Comment