Saturday, August 29, 2009

All I Wanna do is Sleep...

All in all today was a pretty good day. I had two classes this morning, philosophy then math and both were 50 minutes long so it was not bad at all. After class I walked with Chloe to the caf to have lunch with some of our friends then I went home to study and fit in a little homework time. After that I took Kaitlin and Chloe and dropped them off at Safeway while I got my car smogged. It was SO hot and humid here today (nothing compared to Clovis though!) so waiting for my car kind of sucked, but it wasn't too bad. When we got home, Chloe and Kaitlin made pasta for a bunch of our friends and the guys who live next door (haha they just happened to stop by!) while Chelsea (my other suitemate) made pumpkin swirl cheescake... It was all so amazing! I got to get some advice on school work from the sophomore girls from intervarsity; and I felt like one of the girls, Jenny, was so reassuring and so sweet that it just made me feel a lot better about everything in that moment. After dinner we went out to the sauv green (a big patch of grass near my dorm) and watched the movie I Love You Man which was hilarious. Now I'm back in my dorm and I'm extremely tired. This is the first night in the past week that I can stay up as late as I want and be able to sleep in the next day and right now all I want to do is sleep! I would love to be able to stay up and read if I could, but I know I'll be out as soon as my head hits the pillow. As for tomorrow, I'm skipping a trip to the lake with Intervarsity so I can study and hopefully go find myself and econ tutor. Three days into college classes and I'm already making sacrifices so I can stay on top of things, but I guess it's neccessary since I keep getting more and more assignments tacked on from every teacher. I wouldn't be at all surprised if my ballet teacher emailed us tomorrow and said that she wanted a ten page paper by Monday... that's just how ridiculous this is all getting. But oh well, I must say that I am proud of myself, however, because it is the first Friday night of college and I am in my dorm and not out getting wasted at "The Farm House". I may be going a little bit crazy from sleep depravation and intense amounts of studying, but I'm still sane enough to stay away from all the parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment