Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day6- A Stranger

Okay so the last couple weeks have been totally crazy! With 10 extra hours of work a week, I'm definitely feeling a little bit frazzled (haha weird word) right now! But I think I'm finally finding a balnace here... Or I hope. I've been keeping my sanity through going to church, loved today's service and worship. SO amazing! I've also started painting... We have to for one of my psych classes, but I find it very calming and relaxing. So I bought some paint this weekend and started to paint on my own, it's been pretty fun so far. I'm just trying to really keep my priorities in check right now and not neglect reading my Bible or spending time with God throughout the week, despite the chaos. But I'm working on getting everything in order. (:

Today I'm supposed to write to a stranger... I'm not sure how this is going to go since I don't know who I'm writing to... We'll find out.


Dear Stranger,

When I see you on a street corner with a sign asking for help, I wonder why you're there. You're the first one I thought of when I heard the word "stranger". I wonder how you got there and what people are doing to help you. I wonder if you find rest in the fact that you have a God who loves you more than anything. My heart aches for you, and I want to buy you lunch... And possibly a blanket if it's winter. I wish I could do more. I wish helping people in your position hadn't become a "scary" thing for people like me to do. I hope you can see God's love through my actions with what little help I can give you. I hope life gets a little easier for you.

-Erika

No comments:

Post a Comment